top of page


WF page break graphicv2.png

What are the requirements?

Companies are required by Company Law to prepare accounts (known as ‘Statutory Accounts’) annually. This applies to companies that are actively trading and to those which are dormant.

The purpose of statutory accounts is to provide a breakdown of the company’s financial performance and financial position for a given fiscal period. The level of detail included in the accounts will vary depending on the size of your company.

Whether you are a contractor, sole trader, established business or charity, we can;

  • prepare accounts in full compliance with the applicable reporting frameworks and company law;

  • advise on appropriate disclosures and disclosure exemptions;

  • make all necessarily filings with the appropriate bodies e.g Companies House, the Charity Commission etc.

What information is required?

Corporatopm & personal tax.png



Accounts prep.png


Man acc.png




Accounts must be filed at Companies House & HMRC annually. They must comply with the financial reporting framework relevant to your company and be filed by the applicable deadlines.

Your accounts must be 'tagged' when submitting to HMRC - this tagging is known as iXBRL tagging and involves assigning certain properties to figures in the accounts using the applicable HMRC taxonomy. 

When submitting your accounts to Companies House or HMRC, you will need to include your corporation tax figures. Computing your corporation tax involves submitting a corporation tax return, known as a 'CT600'.

What are the deadlines?

Company accounts are prepared at the end of your company’s financial year. Accounts must be submitted to Companies House no later than 9 months and 1 day after the end of your financial year. For example – if your company has a year end of 31 December 2018, you will need to file accounts before 1 October 2019.

Usually 12 months from accounting period start

Accounting year end

9 months and 1 day

following accounting

period end

Date of incorporation


Accounting period start

Usually the first day of the month following incorporation


Seems like a while before you will need to submit accounts?

                                                             Don't get caught out by complacency.

Read our 'Incorporation and filing dates' page to find out more

Newly incorporated an looking to

file your first set of accounts

Whatever your needs, get in touch with

us today and we'd be happy to help 


Full Accounting Services starting from

             per month

Established business, looking to

change your accountant


See our fees page for full details


Call us on 020 3916 5018

Or fill out the below:

Thanks! Message sent.

Follow us on social media to keep up-to-date with

important announcements, issues and reminders

  • Black Instagram Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
bottom of page